The syllabus is the centerpiece of your course material. Update and review your expectations, the class schedule, policies, grading scheme, course resources, and expectations.
- UMN College of Liberal Arts Syllabus Template
- Recommended Fall 2022 Syllabus Language
- This recommended syllabus language was developed by the members of the Faculty Senate Consultative Committee (FCC) and the Senate Committee on Educational Policy, in collaboration with the Provost’s office. It reflects the current University policy as of August 15, 2022.
- The language is designed to be customized for the particulars of a course offering.
- Faculty and instructors may choose to use any, some, or none of this language in their syllabi, and to customize based on their pedagogical practices.
- Sample Syllabus Quiz Questions: A syllabus quiz acts as a contract to verify understanding of important elements of the syllabus.
- The 3 Essential Functions of Your Syllabus, Part 2: So students “never read the syllabus”? Here are ways to ensure they do
By James M. Lang, Chronicle of Higher Education