After passing the final oral examination, you will use the feedback from your committee to make final revisions to your thesis or dissertation manuscript and complete any remaining formatting requirements.
- Dissertation Calculator - a tool to help you budget your time and plan.
- Dissertations and MA Theses in the UMN Digital Conservancy - see examples submitted by other graduate students for the Plan A MA and PhD. This can help you understand what is typically expected in your area and by your advisor(s).
- Dissertation and thesis support groups facilitated by Student Counseling Services (SCS).
- Additional writing and research support resources are available, see Student Support Resources.
- University of Minnesota formatting and submission guidelines (PDF).
- Thesis or Dissertation Submission Guide with common formatting mistakes to avoid.
- Formatting Your Dissertation in Word: Guides from the UMN Libraries to help students meet the Graduate School’s formatting requirements for theses and dissertations.
Deposit Steps and Forms
To meet the final requirements for the degree, you must deposit your dissertation with ProQuest and fill out and submit the Thesis/Dissertation Approval and Deposit Agreement. You may also opt to delay the release of a thesis or dissertation to the public.
These processes are maintained by GSSP in its Thesis or Dissertation Submission instructions. Refer to this page to initiate all forms, and direct any questions to email@example.com.
Remember: Your manuscript and all related forms must be submitted and accepted by the last business day of your graduation month. Late submission will delay your graduation until the end of the next month.
Director of Graduate Studies (DGS)
Associate Director of Graduate Studies (ADGS)
S243 EltH - 626-3483
Curriculum and Graduate Services Specialist
S258 EltH | 624-5002