Below you will find information about how class meeting times are determined and how classrooms are managed.
Class Meeting Times
The Department of Psychology is required to follow the class scheduling policy for the Twin Cities campus, which specifies when classes may be offered, meeting times, and distribution requirements for meeting times. These policies are in place in order to maximize classroom utilization and student access to courses.
- University Policy: Class Scheduling
- Refer to section E. Twin Cities Campus Standard Schedule and Class Periods.
- Standard Class Meeting Time Charts for Class Scheduling
- Refer to D. Twin Cities Campus Standard Schedule and Class Periods and the appendix for specific meeting time options (e.g., MWF 9:05-9:55 for a 3-credit class).
Classrooms are managed by either the Office of Classroom Management (OCM) or a department and are assigned to classes prior to each semester start. A class’s assigned classroom will be listed on the class schedule. The signage posted outside of a classroom and OCM’s Room Search page will indicate who manages the room.
The scheduling of classrooms is done by either the Office of Classroom Management (OCM) or departmental staff. Instructors do not have the task of selecting/scheduling their classroom but may request a classroom with a particular feature(s). Requests need to be made the year prior, and request fulfillment is not guaranteed. Faculty are asked to make any classroom or classroom feature requests in their annual faculty teaching plan. Otherwise, instructors may send requests to Heidi Wolff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Office of Classroom Management (OCM)
- On OCM’s website, you will find a variety of information and resources, including a room search, equipment instructions, accessibility and accommodations information, and the final exam schedule.
Department of Psychology Intranet
- On the Department’s intranet, you will find a variety of information and resources, including a list of Elliott Hall rooms that may be reserved, as well as a request form for one-time room use.
Associate Director of Curriculum & Instruction
S257 EltH | 626-1732
Curriculum and Graduate Services Specialist
S258 EltH | 624-5002
N211 EltH | 625-0644