Departmental application review is administratively managed by the ADGS and DGS in consultation with the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Using Slate to Review Applications
- Slate login access (with UMN x500 login credentials): http://choose.umn.edu/reader
- Slate Reader instructions.
- Slate is for review only, please do not put applications in your queue unless you have made arrangements with the ADGS first.
- Applications can be reviewed in Slate Reader via a supported web browser. The interface will not work properly on a tablet or similar device.
- Email the ADGS for assistance if you are not able to enter the Slate Reader interface or have questions about Slate functionality.
Ground Rules & Legal Considerations
Reminders about legal considerations in graduate admissions from the U’s Office of Graduate Admissions and Office of General Counsel.
- Application review must be consistent, fair, thoughtful, and inclusive. Decisions cannot be capricious, arbitrary, or discriminatory in nature.
- Applicants are evaluated against the department’s admissions criteria; applicants should never be compared to each other.
- All applications must be reviewed by more than one person; no individual may make a unilateral decision on an offer of admission.
Director of Graduate Studies (DGS)
Associate Director of Graduate Studies (ADGS)
S243 EltH - 626-3483
Student Services Specialist
S258 EltH | 624-5002