If you will be administering paper exams in your class, there are several tools and resources available to you, including opportunities for exam proctoring assistance, scanning services through OMS for multiple-choice exams, and grading tools for exams with calculations.
During the first week of each fall and spring semester, the Department of Psychology curriculum and instruction staff email PSY instructors a Google form to use to request additional exam proctors if they are needed. These additional proctors are teaching assistants (TAs) and section leaders (SLs) not assigned to the instructor’s own class. All TAs and SLs are then surveyed for their availability and matched with exam times.
As part of their appointments, TAs and SLs have the responsibility of proctoring up to two exams per semester in addition to the duties for their regular class(es). Instructors and assigned proctors are sent a proctoring schedule once it has been made.
Exam & Scanning Services
Exam & scanning services are provided by the Office of Measurement Services (OMS). Please visit the OMS website for information about their services.
As of June 1, 2023, OMS will discontinue their standard bubble sheet (scantron) exam scanning and scoring service. Instructors should begin the process of finding alternative assessment solutions.
Hard Copy Delivery to OMS
- Place inside an inter-departmental envelope:
- Students' answer sheets
- Answer key and answer documents
- Exam Report Order Form
- Order forms can be found in the Elliott Hall mailroom or on the OMS website.
- Attach a U Market Services courier slip to the outside of the envelope.
- Slips can be found in the Elliott Hall mailroom or the Central Office.
- Call U Market Services to request a courier (612) 626-0707
- Leave the envelope in Central Office
- OMS will email you when your results are ready