8 Essential Digital Resources
The University of Minnesota offers technology services to support students, faculty, and staff in our work and studies. Learn about services that help keep you productive, support learning, and enable collaboration and communication.
Presentation Support Tools
For the creation of video, audio, or images, see these recording tools and media hosting platforms.
Microsoft PowerPoint can now help you practice presentations almost anywhere — no humans required.
Reach out to Carla or Silke if you to hear about their experiences with using these tools:
- Email management: Manage your Emails using the Inbox Zero method. And going a step further, this trick can take your Inbox from hundreds of emails to nearly empty in minutes.
- Password management tools can be of immense help because remembering and updating passwords can be frustrating. These tools offer features beyond "guarding your vault." Recommended Password Manager are LastPass (contact Silke and Carla are using this one), 1Password, or KeyPass.
- Slack is a channel-based messaging platform. With Slack, people can work together more effectively, connect all their software tools and services, and find the information they need. CLA provides a Slack license for faculty and staff. Join the Psych Slack Workspace.
- Asana is a web-based project management tool, well-integrated with Google, Slack, and other tools. CLA provides an Asana license and documentation for faculty and staff who like to use this tool.
- Instructions to update your CLA profile for the Department of Psychology website
- Instructions to update your profile on Experts@UM: Navigate to your own profile page and Log into Pure (link can be found on the bottom of the page) with your UMN credentials. For details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Training opportunities for Staff and Faculty
- UMN Training Hub
- LinkedIn Learning, free courses for business related topics
- Coursera for Campus and Coursera for Minnesota (free UMN courses and certificates)
- Digital Accessibility Training and Badging Program
- Instructional Training Resources
The University's videoconference tool for meetings and webinars