David Campbell Graduate Research Fellowship
The David Campbell Graduate Research Fellowship Fund is designed to provide financial assistance to graduate students seeking a PhD degree in Psychology, with priority given to supporting students who are attending international psychology workshops or conferences. Applications are accepted twice yearly--in September for conferences taking place from January 1 through June 30 and in late February for conferences taking place from July 1 through December 31.
Student Research and Travel Award
The Research and Travel Awards are funded by the College of Liberal Arts and a gift from Harrison and Kathryn Gough. Funds are awarded to students in good standing for psychology research expenses or first author travel expenses related to presenting at psychology conferences or meetings. There is a limit of only one award (Research or Travel) per graduate student per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30). Awards are based on availability of funds. In addition to the application and supporting materials students are required to have the support of their advisor, either by obtaining their advisor‘s signature on the application or by having their advisor email confirmation of support.
Application Form (docx)
- Students should submit the following materials:
- A Description of their research project (including justification for the requested Budget, not to exceed two pages)
- An Estimated Budget (all expenses must be in accordance with University Policy)
- The student’s completed application will be sent to the Associate Chair for Research for review.
- Please note that these funds are not intended to be used to pay undergraduate RAs.
Students are required to submit their applications at least two weeks prior to traveling. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Students may only apply for travel funds for a conference or meeting in which they are the first author on the presentation.
- Students must apply for a single conference; the award may not be split between two conferences.
- If the student wishes to change which conference the award is applied to after an award letter has been generated, they must first send an email declining the original award. The student should then submit a complete application for the new conference. If the new application meets all the qualifications for approval, a new award letter will be generated.
- Students are required to submit the following with their application
- An Abstract
- Confirmation that the presentation has been accepted
*Exceptions to these rules will be considered only under compelling circumstances with strong justification.